Make an Appointment
(336) 602-9581 - Silvana
Common Questions asked about Permanent Makeup
1. What is the difference between a tattoo and permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup pigments are not applied as deeply into the skin as tattoo pigments are. The pigments for permanent makeup are specially formulated for it. Both permanent makeup and tattooing use the same implements and tools to create the desired finished effect.
2. Is the application of permanent makeup painful?
Topical anesthetic liquids and creams are applied to the skin to insure minimal discomfort during procedures.
3. May I choose my own colors?
Yes! The choice is yours.
4. When should I have a procedure done if I am working?
Depending on the type of work one does, whether in a private cubicle or greeting the public openly, one may wish to consider the following: Eye procedures and eyebrows are generally considered to be easy. One can have these done on Friday or Saturday and return to work on Monday. Lips require a bit more aftercare. Patrons usually choose to have their lips done on Thursday or Friday and return to work on Monday or Tuesday.
5. What about recovery? What can I expect?
The skin may swell slightly and redden. This will subside in a day or two. You will apply ointment to the permanent makeup sight with a cotton-tipped swab two to three times a day for 2-3 weeks. Small flakes of pigmented skin may shed, but this is normal. After the procedure, you may immediately resume all normal activities. Complete healing usually takes 4-5 weeks at which time one should have the initial touch-up done so the richness of the final color can be realized.
6. For whom is permanent makeup most beneficial?
• Men and women; young and old
• Those with poor vision
• People with seasonal allergies or who are allergic to regular makeup
• Those who are physically unable to apply makeup
• People who live active lives and perspire a lot
• Those who are in and around water a great deal
• Anyone with facial flaws they may want to correct
• Those who love the beach - surf and sand
• People with oily skin
• Busy moms with little time for themselves
• Anyone who NEVER wants to apply makeup daily again
• THOSE MEN AND WOMEN WHO WANT TO LOOK THEIR BEST AT ALL TIMES!
7. Why do I need a touch-up in 4-5 weeks if my makeup is permanent?
Your skin will flake at the site of the permanent makeup from its application. To provide you with the richest, most beautiful color a touch-up should be done after 4-5 weeks. This touch -up will set your color and prevent premature fading.